Monday, May 12, 2008

Carter's (part 1)


For those unaware, Atlanta-based Carter's is a major clothing designer with a monopoly on a very fussy market, infants. Almost every article of clothing for newborns bears their name, or, in the case of toddlers, the Osh Kosh B'Gosh label, which happens to be owned by Carter's. Anyway, it's only relevant to me because I'm trying to get a job with them. When they came to recruit at Ringling College, my portfolio skewed a little older than their target audience, but Jason Oransky felt I could offer a little more. He arranged to have some sample images sent to me so I could work out some of my own designs with characters, graphics, and repeating patterns. The griffin was my idea because I haven't seen too many mythological creatures in the baby market. I'll post the dinosaur and the gorilla images next.

No comments: