Sunday, April 1, 2012

What the...? Another post?

Yeah, I know it isn't expected, but I've actually done more art things lately. I have more on my plate still, but I'll get to posting them as soon as I can.

This image is for the book Stories and Shows from Pinocchio's Marionette Theater. You may be wondering how I could be doing new art for a book that not only was published three years ago, but was also taken out of print almost immediately due to a lawsuit involving copyrights. Well, I am happy to say that the suit was settled and the author, Dave Eaton, is legally allowed to print his book again. Rather than simply starting up the presses again, Dave decided to spruce up the book a little by adding one of the few scripts he left out of the first edition, Peter & Wendy. Dave nearly used some public domain image to accompany his story, but fortunately came to his senses and dropped me an email. And that is the story behind this fun little doodle.
No Foolin'.

No comments: