Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fantasy Color Study


Well, for Brandes' Media class, the latest assignment is an acrylic painting with either a Sci-Fi or Fantasy theme. I've had a lot of fun with dragons and knights lately, so I'm continuing in that vein.
Normally, I would paint a color rough with the same media as the finished painting, but I found myself at the mercy of an empty ink cartridge in my printer last night, so I couldn't print out my line work and paint on it. Rather than showing up at class with nothing, I did it in Photoshop. It shows my intended color scheme of complementary red and green, but the actual tubes of paint I own may or may not match up with this. So, I'll be doing another color study later anyway.
On a side note, I think I'm really channeling some classic Disney animators with this piece. My knight reminds me of Sir Kay from the Sword in the Stone.

No comments: