Sunday, March 16, 2008

the surf isn't up yet



For my Concept/ Character/ Environment class, we're using one of the characters we invented in an earlier assignment, in this case, Surf Dragon. I drew this in Corel Painter X and colored it with the digital watercolor tool, but I struggled way too much with the program. So, in order to actually get something accomplished, I switched to Photoshop. The second image is the result. I've got a ways to go before I can say I'm finished, but I'm running out of time. This could be all we get.

1 comment:

Rob chandler said...

Keep pushing it, you're getting somewhere. Watch the horizon line though, it lines up a little too well with the dragons swim trunks and winds up looking awfully static. A little something more with the sky and the waves on the right (I'm sure that was in the plan anyway) too, it has potential to be too much dead space if you're not careful.

Good luck
-Rob