Sunday, June 8, 2008

Didn't get the Carter's internship

Well, there is a reason I subtitled my blog "all part of the learning process." Sometimes trying too hard to be clever and original works against you. Case in point, Carter's. They have spent many years doing the same thing...because it works for them. Safari animals, woodland critters, popular ocean denizens, puppies, and dinos. You get the idea. They stay with these themes because new grandmas always buy them and Carter's does them really well. I overstepped with characters like the griffin, which may show that I can use Illustrator and that I know how to draw, but didn't give them any evidence that I could embrace the specific Carter's look. Sadly, I veered into the wrong direction with my follow up submission, thinking that holiday icons would work. Um, no. They hated it. So, I'm still unemployed, getting a little worried about bills, and hoping I get some good financial news about grad school.

No comments: