Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Long time, no post

First of all, my apologies to everyone who may have wanted to know what I've been up to for the last month and a half. I appreciate the concern from both of you. Ahem.
In late June, I went back to AZ for my high school reunion. It was very nice, reconnecting with folks who are a lot nicer nowadays than they were back then. The following weekend was the 4th of July, so I expected to see a parade and watch fireworks with the small town enthusiasm. Well, the fireworks were okay (I've seen too many Disney shows to get impressed), but I never got to the parade. Instead, I was drawing caricatures at my first Art Fair! A last second cancellation opened up a space for me, but I spent the day scrambling to gather supplies and figuring out how to actually pull it off. Believe it or not, I was able to make a small profit after all the costs were factored in.
I do have some photos of my set up, but I'll post them next week. Finally, I will have high speed internet at the house and I'll be a more consistent presence from now on.

No comments: