Monday, August 25, 2008

Working on my thoughts and thinking about work

It was bound to happen. I started a job about a week or so ago. No, it isn't exactly art related, but I am trying to push it in that direction. I got hired as a walk-around costumed performer at the Nickelodeon Family Suites in Orlando, Florida. I will be the first to say that it is neither my dream job nor the career for which I went to college, but graduation money only goes so far. Still, it is something that I'm extremely good at, so my employers like me and I like the idea of getting a paycheck right now. However, I am trying to do more.


One of my big ideas right now is to pursue the t-shirt idea a little further, but personally. The folks who comment on this blog seem to like my designs, even if Carter's and SS Designs didn't find me a good fit. What I'd like to do is set up another CafePress.com store and offer original shirts for limited times. The subject matter will vary greatly depending on my whim. I'd like to start out for a week or two and see how it goes. One of the first shirts will likely be a design I did for Comic Connection, my favorite local comic book store.
The character doesn't have a name quite yet, wavering between "CC" and "Connie" for Comic Connection. This isn't the final look for the shirt because I'll have to edit the store information, increase the size of the store logo, and probably reduce the size of the graphic just so it'll be printable. Since I'm interested in printing up an inventory to be sold at the brick and mortar store, I'm open to suggestions for quality manufacturers at a decent price. Thanks.

1 comment:

Chef Scott said...

Eric...
That design is Hot! okay. like it. how are you printing out onto the arm of the shirt? Looks Cool!